This is a recipe that I found on allrecipes.com. It is really good and very easy to do. Who doesn’t love grilled honey-lemon chicken kabobs rolled in chopped toasted almonds? 🙂
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard 6 skinless, boneless Chicken breast tenderlions
1 Tablespoon Honey 1/4 cup chopped, toasted almonds
1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 20 min .
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Veggies of your choice cut into pieces for grilling.
(You can use metal skewers as well)
- In a Ziploc bag combine the mustard, honey, vegetable oil and lemon juice. Squeeze contents of bag to mix. Add chicken to bag and zip the bag closed (removing as much air as possible. Place bag in refrigerator for at least an hour, turning occasionally to coat the chicken.
- Preheat grill on high, lightly oil the grates. Make sure your wooden skewers have soaked in water for at least 20 minutes…or skip this step if you use metal skewers.
- Thread chicken onto skewers. Also thread your vegetables on separate skewers. Arranged on the prepared grill and cook until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush chicken occasionally with left over marinade while cooking.
- Cook vegetables approximately 20 minutes or to your liking. Brush lightly with olive oil while they are cooking. I used onion, yellow squash and zucchini squash.
- Remove chicken from heat and quickly roll in the chopped almonds to lightly coat chicken. Throw away any leftover marinade.
I served my kabobs with a broccoli salad, a pre-packaged rice dish, the grilled veggies & some sliced avocado.
A little salt & Pepper from the shaker Chip made for me
And you have dinner! Yum….
By the way, the broccoli salad is also very easy to make.
Fresh Broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
Red onion slices broken apart and cut in half
Bacon (6-8 pieces) or more if you like
Apple Cider Vinegar
Cook bacon until crispy
Mix together Cut up broccoli, raisins, bacon (break into pieces once cooled).
Make dressing (Mayo, olive oil, sugar, vinegar) and whisk together until completely mixed and smooth, pour over broccoli mixture.